Who we are
Established in 1976, the PSIA a non-stock, non-profit organization of private and public companies involved in the development, production & distribution of high quality vegetables and cereal seeds for the Filipino farmers.
What We Do
With PSIA's dedication to providing quality seeds and relevant technologies to farmers to improve their lives and develop the countries agriculture industry, it rolls out various programs and projects nationwide.
PSIA, with the support of the Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Plant Industry, mounts such activities as: Seed caravans to promote high quality seeds (field demo and harvest festival, seminar on technology updates on vegetable production, cooking contest)
- Techno demo to promote vegetable variety awareness
- Seedmen Update Course to enhance knowledge and skills of members
- DA Urban Garden (established and maintains the urban vegetable garden at the DA Central Office)
- Publication of Seed Catalouge
- Participation in regional and international conferences
- Membership in various organizations/ institutions(Asia and Pacific Seed Association, International Seed Federation, National Seed Industry Council, and DA National Agricultural and Fishery Council Sub-committe on Fruits and Vegetables)
- Advocacy on promoting increased vegetable consumption
- Strategic planning
- Seed Summit
We will achieve this by:
Constantly engaging and seed industry with passionate desire to improve
- Farmer's live
- Establishing capabilities to gather and share relevant information and technology developments on the seed industry to stakeholders.
- Encouraging to proactive participation of members in PSIA programs and activities.